CODE UPDATE SEMINAR (Joint IIBEC / CRA Event)
Join us for a joint pinpoint seminar for CRA and IIBEC members to provide information on the new building codes, changes being implemented by local jurisdictions, legislative energy code mandates, steep slope roof ventilation, and the impact these have on the roofing industry.
Tuesday May 17, 2022
$50.00 per person for members (Earn 3.0 CEH’s)
$25.00 per person for online attendance (Earn 3.0 CEH’s)
CRA Training Center at 1660 Jasper St. STE I Aurora, CO 80011
1. 2021 ICC building codes, Significant Changes in the and expected changes from the 2024 code hearings (ASCE 7/22, etc.)
2. Local Code Changes – most recent/major municipality code updates/changes (i.e., Boulder has gone to 150 mph, Denver requiring the WUFI analysis as part of permitting process for both new and re-roofs, etc.)
3. Denver GBO Update – Two Years Later.
4. HB22-1362 Recap – adoption of 3 new model codes including Net Zero Carbon Footprint by 2030.
5. Ventilating Steep Slope Reroofs as required in the building codes. Vapor retarders and air barriers on low slope roofs. Potential for damage and liability with improper venting has increased with code changes and the use of synthetic felt. Advocating for proper roof ventilation – survey link